Matthew 13:44

The Kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Mt 13:44

Monday, August 26, 2013

Finally at HOME!!

Another week has come & gone and we are feeling settled in to our new life here in Haiti.  As I sit here tonight trying to decide what to Blog about this week all I can think about is that I FEEL SO AT HOME......TOTAL PEACE.....TRULY AT HOME!  This probably sounds crazy to so many.  I'm not sure I can explain it myself but I will try.   As a young teen I became aware that I often had this feeling that God had something different (out of the norm) planned for my life.  I prayed about it so much back then.  I spent many years in my 20's & early 30's running far from that "weird" feeling I had inside me. I have been 100% at Peace knowing that I was doing EXACTLY what God had for me, my husband & our family for the last 5 years........BUT I had that feeling!  Often I talked to God & asked hime to please show me the way, Light the path to WHEREVER HE wanted me/us to be.  I have told many people about how the very 1st time I came to Haiti I had a "strange"/ calming feeling when I stepped off the plane in Port-de-Paix & how that each time I returned here the feeling came back.  It became so strong that when we left here in April (our last mission trip with our team) I cried my eyeballs out. Of courses at that time I had NO IDEA God was about to show/reveal to us what we are doing now!!
 Well, I am EXCITED to say that after being here these past few weeks it is so obvious to me that THIS IS HOME! I LOVE Everything about it!! I Love walking the streets of Port-de-Paix. I Love the Haitian people. I Love riding a Taxi (motorcycle) to town or Market.  I Love going to visit at the Orphanage. I Love the Haitian food.  I LOVE just sitting on our balcony & listening to the kids playing on the street or the ladies going down the street yelling out "Fig Me" or "Ze" or "Zaboca" as they are selling items they carry on their heads in baskets.  (That is Bananas, Eggs, or Avocado)  - I Love how God is forming a community here in our neighborhood of Christians who lift each other up daily.  I LOVE the Mountains being on one side of our house & the ocean a short walk on the other!  I am so excited & Thankful that God called us here.  I truly feel Blessed to get to live here.  YEP, IT MAY SOUND CRAZY TO SOME, BUT I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT WE ARE EXACTLY WHERE GOD WANTS US TO BE & I LOVE IT!!
Today we registered 4 of our kiddos at Sonlight Academy (see earlier posts about the school) & they are ready to start Wednesday.  It has taken a few days to get back in the routine of going to bed early but tonight we did pretty good!!


We were invited to go to the Beach the other day with our friends the Barnes family from The House of Moses & we had an AWESOME day!   YOU MUST SEE THE PICS! Thank you Barnes family!!





I just want to say THANK YOU to Everyone who has partnered with us to do what God has called our family to do! We Thank you all for your prayers!! Thank you to all of you who are praying specifically about us getting electricity at our home soon!! (Please continue to pray all goes well & we get the $1500). ALSO I would like to say if you, your family or your church group (adult or youth) would like to come on a Mission trip to Haiti PLEASE send us an email!!! We also LOVE just hearing encouraging words from our friends & partners.......send us an email - lipscombsinhaiti@gmail.com

Love & Blessings to all - Angie & the Lipscomb gang!!!

1 comment:

  1. Angie(and family), I LOVE reading your blogs amd emails and I get so excited reading about your journey and can tell through your words how extremly blessed and lucky yall are to be where you are doing His work. I am interested in coming down to see the work y'all are doing in person. Although it would not be soon, I am determined to visit and see what God is doing in Haiti! :-)

    Catherine
    ARC-Rainbow house

    ReplyDelete