Matthew 13:44

The Kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Mt 13:44

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Good Morning


GOOD MORNING!!! I woke up this morning with all of this on my mind - I thought I would share!!! 

   The past few weeks in Haiti have brought so much Peace & Joy.  God is doing Great things.  Being here in Haiti is teaching me/us what I thought I already knew!! :D  It is easy for me to say "God is in control" or "His timing is perfect" but when you truly learn to KNOW & LIVE that -----> things really begin to change!! I thought that praying for the last few years about moving to Haiti….all the tears….the strong pull we felt to come here…..the doors not opening when we were SURE that they were…..the continued prayers….& just learning to WAIT on God had in some way taught me that lesson! HAHAHAHA, let me just laugh at myself now!! With God there is always something to learn. Kind of like reading a verse in your bible for years & knowing the meaning & then one day WHAM -God revealing that verse to you in a different way. I sometimes think it feels like that! 
 
  I look back some days & realize I am a totally different person than I once was. I once just went along with the flow, I wasn't overly organized, I was always happy & I was just totally laid back. Somewhere in life, I think as a defense mechanism, I became a person of Control.  NO, I didn't want to control others….well, unless you lived in my house, or it had anything to do with our family....but I thought I HAD to be in control in my life. I think this way I thought, no one could ever again "jerk the rug" out from under me, I guess you could say.  I would make the decisions, I would know WHAT was going on, & I learned to like controlling my/our life. Sometimes it was totally overwhelming, exhausting even BUT I learned to like the control.  Well, several years ago God totally changed my life….once again he set me on His Path. I have prayed for Wisdom, Guidance, & even Patience. God has slowly changed SO MUCH about me & I am thankfully learning to "let" God be the leader in my life.  I have learned HIS ways are ALWAYS best! HIS timing is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT & when you REALLY give your life to him & step out in Faith……when you "Get out of the Boat" he will not let you sink!!! A few times I have started sinking….or I felt like I was, that is when I realized that I had taken my eyes off Jesus & started trying to "fix" things myself…..AGAIN!!!!! Sometimes we have to get to "the end of our rope", "hit a wall" , etc before we STOP trying to do it all by our self & just say -God I need you, I need your will more than ever & I ask that you show me. God please help ......I do not know what to do!      As I sit here blogging this morning I am so thankful for the new friendships God has given us lately & the hearts he is mending.  I am thankful for those friends who are always here to uplift & encourage. I am thankful God has moved us to Haiti & is stretching us in every direction.....it has made me realize that GOD really is the one in control here & I can just RELAX & enjoy life!! Not to mention HIS plans are Always WAY better than mine.....dreams I could not even fathom!! NOPE....I do not have all the answers! YEP, there are things I wish God would let me know! (Sooner rather than later) :D BUT I do know that I am walking in a Crazy Peace I did not know I could have.  I mean a CRAZY CRAZY I have NO IDEA what is going on PEACE!!!! A Peace that says GOD is going to take care of ALL of our needs according to HIS riches in Glory (taken from Phil 4:19)  - I know he will light the path & show us his ways when HE wants to, he will provide each need when HIS timing is RIght & you better believe it will be so HE GETS THE GLORY!!! <3 <3

My prayer today is that if you do not have this PEACE that you STOP whatever it is your doing & just talk to God! It doesn't have to be some formal prayer, it doesn't have to be out loud, just talk to him like you would talk to your BEST friend about what you are thinking, what your worries are, & HE will listen & He will answer!!! Maybe long ago you were close to HIM, maybe it has been years since you talked to God ......guess what.....He is the ALPHA & the OMEGA, he is the beginning & the end....HE NEVER CHANGES....he is the same Yesterday, Today, & Forever.....All you have to do is talk to HIM! Don't let Satan the FATHER of ALL lies tell you that God isn't listening, SATAN IS A LIAR.....GOD CARES....NO MATTER WHAT you have done, No matter how long it has been.....ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK GOD TO FORGIVE YOU & Really ask him to change your heart & seek him.....I feel like this is for someone this morning.....God is a God of Love, Mercy, & Grace & I am so THANKFUL for that!!! IF I can pray for you PLEASE let me know!!
** send me an email - lipscombsinhaiti@gmail.com - I just wanted to add a picture of our family (except for Tyler who is in college in Arkansas) & a picture of the beautiful city of Port-de-Paix, Haiti. Thank you for praying for us & for God's will for our family!! We are Blessed to be serving here in Haiti!! 


**If you would like to join our prayer team or receive our email updates please inbox me on facebook or send me an email to the email address above!!
 Thanks so much! Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment