Matthew 13:44

The Kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Mt 13:44

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Life....



Hello friends!!  I haven't blogged in a month!  Last time I blogged I had so much on my mind & well.....I still do! I have decided to do what I know how to do best.  Get up everyday, pray & give it to God! WHY I ALWAYS try to figure out the BIG Picture is beyond me.  I know through so many experiences in life that GOD is in Control & me worrying about it is the last thing I need to do!! HIS plan & timing is ALWAYS BEST!! If you have not heard ...... here is an update!

We are leaving Full time Missions in Haiti on December the 18th of this year.  Through lots of prayer we have decided it is best to leave as an entire family (instead of sending our oldest daughters to start the new semester in Alabama with Family....we will all go together)  YES, Edril is going!!! We are praying God will make a way for him to go to college.  We are hoping to try to get him enrolled by next fall at Faulkner State! We know that this is in God's hands and we would appreciate your prayers for him!! We will still be doing Mission work! For now we do not have all of the answers.....we know that we will host the two teams already scheduled to come to Haiti Jan 31- Feb 7th, 2015 & Feb 14th - 21st!!  After that we do not know.....I do know I will not be able to stay away from Haiti long & I know leaving part of my heart here....I will be coming back & hopefully brining in teams....still praying for direction on all of that!!!

So here is what we have been up to & what our last 40 days here looks like......

In the classroom 7th grade at Sonlight Academy is working hard!!! These 18 kids I have grown to LOVE are really growing in so many ways!! We have worked on study habits & how everyone learns differently & I do see students getting so much better at certain subjects!! We have been busy busy with all kinds of fun stuff as well!!  We had a Fall Fun day with an awesome fall snack Mrs Lynne from Alabama brought us, a character parade & we all had a BLAST!! I had kids show up as everything from Mark Twain, Wizard Mickey, Effie Trinket, Prince Edward, Queen Elizabeth, Cinderella, Pocahontas, Queen Ester, Fix it Felix & so much more!!!  We made Tie Dye T-shirts & the students did an Awesome job on them!!! We have also had a spelling bee & painted wooden Christmas Ornaments thanks to Mr. Tommy & Mrs. Jackie Steadham!! Gordon & I spent several hours in my classroom this weekend starting to decorate for Christmas & I promise to post pictures of it soon!!! The twins turned 5 on October 31st....HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE???  For now....here are some pictures of all the fun!!



                                                      Our spelling Bee Winner....Audra!
 
 Gordon also had a Birthday so we had a family night of food & games!! We love Disney Headbandz!
                                               CHARACTER DAY IN 7TH GRADE!!!!
                                                 Queen Elizabeth, Athena, & Barbie!
                                                                  Prince Edward!
                                                                      Cinderella!!!

                         OUR BABIES ARE 5.....& they had a Blast in Preschool on their Birthday!!

We are going to continue to be busy for the next several weeks so we would appreciate your prayers!!  We have begun practicing for the Sonlight Academy Christmas Program & it will be on December the 16th this year, the Class parties will be on the 17th & school will end for the semester.  Our family will leave Haiti the next day. Gordon will be looking for a job as soon as we return & I will be doing my Disney Travel planning job from home since the twins are not in school yet.  I loved working for MickeyTravels before I left & have already started doing that again.  I am not sure if I will be returning to nursing .....with all the kids I'm praying I don't have to go back to working weekends, Holidays, & shift work!! Please help us pray that we find Exactly what God has for us back in Alabama and that the right job for Gordon comes quickly ......transitioning with a large family in December may not be the easiest thing to do but I know with God's help...we will make it!! 

Hope Vision has been busy busy busy as well.....There has been 3 teams here over the last 3 weeks. A team from Ron & Karen's home church in Tennessee, a team from AIM/Alabama, & a team from South Carolina.  The last team for a few weeks left yesterday.  Mme Pastor & Mrs. Karen have taken Tevens to Port-au-Prince for a medical appointment about his hearing.  Please pray for them on this trip & for healing for sweet little Tevens.


No comments:

Post a Comment