Matthew 13:44

The Kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Mt 13:44

Saturday, December 7, 2013

We Wish You a Merry Christmas!!

A lot is going on here in Haiti.  I am sure all of you are busy this Christmas Season.  Our children have been busy with school & preparing for the Christmas Program at their school Sonlight Academy that will be on the evening of  December 12th.  Next friday December 13th will be the last day of school & our kids are looking forward to Christmas Break.  Tammy our intern will be traveling to the United States to be with her family for the Holidays.  We miss her just thinking about it but we know she really misses her family & will have a wonderful Christmas.  We will be looking forward to her return to Haiti in January.  We hope to enjoy some family time during the Holidays, spend some time with the kids at Hope Vision, go on a few hikes & enjoy the beauty of Haiti with some other missionary friends that are staying here for the holidays.

We wanted to show everyone a few pictures of the construction going on at the new site of Hope Vision Ministry!! The girls dorm is going up first.  We here the floor will be poured next week & a larger crew will start on the construction.  Thank you to everyone who has bought blocks to help build this new Home for the children!! Please see the AIM (Assisting International Missions) website for more information on how to give!! As you can tell, LOTS of blocks are still needed!! www.aimconnects.org

These pictures were taken yesterday 12/6/13




Today I was asked to teach English Club for my sweet friend Christi Barnes at The House of Moses.  She teaches English to a group of Haitians who are eager to learn English every Saturday! She is in Port-au-Prince today so I went to teach.  Those of you who know me know I will try just about anything but I was SCARED when she asked me to do this!  I do LOVE to teach & of course I love Haitians but my Kreyol is Horrible!!! I entered the gates at The House of Moses a little before 9 this morning & immediately I broke out into a sweat! :D  There were already 30-35 people sitting on the benches in front of a chalk board waiting on me!! GEEZE!!! People continued to trickle in & we began class.  I returned tests from last week, opened with prayer & began to go over this weeks vocabulary!! We learned words pertaining to Christmas.  After a few minutes I wasn't nervous at all....I LOVED IT!!! We learned words & definitions like Bethlehem, Manger, Christmas, Decorations, Snowman,  Winter, & many more.  As you can tell it is hard to teach some of those here in Haiti, but it was GREAT to share about the Reason for the Season!!!  In the end we learned the song "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" - I took a video after the first few tries & they did AWESOME!! I wish I would have taken the time to record the end result but.......I STILL LOVE THIS ONE!!! Such a Blessed Day!!

***YOU MUST GO WATCH THE VIDEO!!! I WAS SO BLESSED!! REMEMBER THEY ARE JUST LEARNING ENGLISH!!!!  <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwIeUv1Gugs






Several members in our family have been sick with a Flu like Virus. I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to those who prayed & put us on their prayer chain.  Several of them are feeling much better but a few are still ill. PLEASE Keep the prayers coming!!

Much Love from Haiti! Thank you for sharing our journey with us! We would love to hear from you!
lipscombsinhaiti@gmail.com - Angie Lipscomb





2 comments:

  1. Love your honesty in your blogs. I would have been so nervous speaking to the adults too, so glad you did it and so well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So blessed by your writing. We love praying for + over y'all, and I can assure you that we always will. We love our Lipscombs! :)

    ReplyDelete