Matthew 13:44

The Kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Mt 13:44

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

THANKFUL


THANKFUL - 

   Although it is Thanksgiving week in America it is just another week in Haiti.  As I look at all of the posts & pictures on all the Social Media sites (facebook, instagram, & twitter etc...) I see all the hustle & bustle of the season.  People are traveling for the Holidays, starting their Christmas shopping, Grocery shopping for that Perfect Turkey & all the trimmings.  I see the temperatures have dropped all over, even in South Alabama where we are from.  I was so surprised to see everyone’s Fire places blazing this morning in their posts. WOW!!!  Today I sit here with my fan blowing, Christmas tree up already & listening to Christmas music.  Our doors are open, the Sun is shining, & the Palm frawns are blowing.  IS IT REALLY TIME FOR THANKSGIVING & CHRISTMAS??? This is a time of year that I always welcome & Love.  I Always have!  This year although I am in a different country and missing family & friends -  I am so ready for this time of year & new things, new adventures, & new traditions with new friends!!
 I am still so Thankful for so Much.....maybe even more so than ever before!! Looking around at all our neighbors & people we see on the streets everyday. I am Thankful that God placed our family here.  I am thankful that HE loves us & we in-turn get to love & share with the people of Haiti!!! I am so very Thankful for the community that he placed us in.  I am thankful for the people that are Praying & GIVING so that we can live here & do what God has called us to do!!! I am thankful for clean water & food.  Yes, we go purchase our clean water by the jugs we have refilled daily BUT we are so thankful that we CAN do that.  We might not always have our favorite foods but living here it is easy to see that we should be VERY THANKFUL that we HAVE food & our kids are laughing, playing, & jumping around because they have the protein & other nutrients they need daily. I am thankful our kids attend a Great School here in Haiti.  I love that they come home telling us all about the scriptures they are learning, the Thanksgiving program they are preparing for which will be today & the big Christmas program everyone is So Very Excited about!! 
Most of all as I sat here this morning I took a stroll down memory lane.....  I will be very honest with all of you....I have so many wonderful memories BUT I can Honestly say that I am most Thankful for God’s Grace, Forgiveness, & Mercy!! I am Thankful for second chances!! I am Thankful that God sent JESUS who died on the cross for MY Sins & Yours!   I am Thankful that God is STILL in the Miracle working business!! I am thankful that God Loves Me....the broken one who most of the time can’t forgive myself.  Satan loves to remind me of ALL my poor choices & bad decisions in life!! My Heart is so Thankful that God picked me up from the bottom of ......well, THE BOTTOM....& Forgave me yet AGAIN & crazy as it is....He is still using ME TO DO HIS WORK!! I am Thankful that I know that my sins have been cast as far as the East is From the West & have been covered with the Precious Blood of Jesus!  And I do Believe that I will STAND UPON ROMANS 8:1 for the rest of my life!! THEREFORE, THERE IS NOW NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN CHRIST JESUS!!! 
I am Thankful God gave me a Wonderful Husband and in less than a month we will be married 13 years!!! I am Blessed & Thankful for a Great Family (Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, In-Laws, Nieces & Nephews,) & friends that we miss so much!!  We have been blessed with lots of precious children that we are Thankful for. I am Thankful for the HOLY SPIRIT who lives in me!! He leads & guides me in this life & Mission God has placed us on!! This journey is Not an easy one & most of the time...I do not share those things....but I am SO VERY THANKFUL for this Journey!! I know God has Great plans for our family & I am looking forward to the Journey! Today I am thankful for the warmth & breeze that I feel blowing in this room....I am feeling the LOVE for sure today....GOD KNOWS ME BEST & HE KNEW I WOULD NOT LIKE ALL THIS WINTER STUFF SO MANY OF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING!!! :D 
I am also Thankful For the quiet time I had this morning to reflect on everything & be reminded of ALL THAT WE HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR!!! 
I hope you all have a very Blessed & Happy Thanksgiving!!! 
Blessings from Haiti!!! & BRING ON THE CHRISTmas SEASON!!! 


*A FEW PICTURES FROM THE THANKSGIVING PROGRAM AT SONLIGHT ACADEMY TODAY!! So Thankful for that School & the Christian education my children are getting!!








If you would like to come to Haiti on a Mission Trip in 2014 Please let us know!! We are still scheduling teams, January - May & September - December! Our email is lipscombsinhaiti@gmail.com - let us know & we can send you a packet of information!!! 

**IF YOU ARE IN THE BALDWIN COUNTY ALABAMA AREA WE HAVE A TEAM COMING IN FEBRUARY & They are having a Yard Sale as a Fundraiser for their trip on December 6th & 7th.  IF you have anything you could donate it would be GREATLY Appreciated!!!  THEY CAN PICK UP ITEMS!!!  Please contact Zac Foerster 251-599-6160 

To Support our Family Please send all of our Support to -
AIM (Assisting International Missions)
PO Box 2030
Robertsdale, AL 36567
*please make sure & note Lipscomb family on any checks sent
You can also go online to www.aimconnects.org & click the Donate tab -also note *lipscomb family so this is credited to us

We can also receive mail now!! Letters & Postcards can be sent to -
Missionary Flights International
#MOSES c/o Lipscomb family
3170 Airmans Drive
Fort Pierce, FL 34946 

*Packages can be sent to the same address for an additional $1.15per pound. The money for that must be mailed to the address below the same day the package is sent or before!
*House of Moses
PO Box 630
Aledo, TX 76008

*Mail is flown in about every 2 weeks & picked up in Port-au-Prince!

No comments:

Post a Comment